Automation Controls Engineer
Russell Conveyor & Equipment is a manufacturer of Conveyor and Conveyor Controls Systems. Our Conveyor & Control Systems increase productivity while reducing energy costs which improves customer profits. In most cases we can cut energy costs by as much as 60-75%.
What We Offer Our Customers:
- We provide turn-key material handling systems that serve a variety of industries including Distribution, Automotive, Manufacturing and Food & Beverage.
- We provide conveyor systems, sortation equipment, print & apply label applicators, bar code readers, RFID readers and much more.
- We provide complete documentation for control system design including control hardware specifications, PLC based control solutions, HMI design, on-site commissioning and training.
- We also operate an in-house UL Panel Shop, designing and manufacturing our own custom control panels .
As an Automation Controls Engineer at Russell Conveyor & Equipment, you will manage each controls project from beginning to end. You will execute everything including the controls design, project management, installation, field commissioning and training.
This exciting position provides a good balance of both office, shop and field work which will require detailed project leadership skills as well as dedication and motivation.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Very competitive salary.
- Other benefits determined by customized individual compensation package.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $125,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
We are looking for well-rounded individuals with the technical background to complete projects from beginning to end. The successful candidate should have the necessary communication skills to effectively interface with customers during installations and provide training after project completion.
- MUST HAVE working knowledge of Motor Driven Roller conveyor controls systems with multiple manufacturers preferably Itoh and Pulseroller.
- Extensive experience with carton and pallet conveyor controls including sortation systems, barcode readers, RFID, and HMI design.
- Working knowledge of PLC programming, PLC hardware and software, (Allen Bradley & DirectSoft/DirectLogic primarily).
- Ability to travel up to 50-75%.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and on call as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or 4 years field experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 2 years related field experience.
- Must have experience with AutoCAD and the ability to produce and edit drawings as needed.
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (Preferred)